My name is Alexandra Konstantinoudi but you can call me Alex
I’m a Photographer/Graphic Designer, currently living in Vienna, Austria. I was born and raised in a small village by the sea in Greece, called Kriopigi.
50% Greek, 50% Austrian, 100% Universal
In 2005 i moved to Thessaloniki, Greece and studied Photography at Applied Art Studies (partner institute of UCLAN – Preston, UK). In 2008 i graduated and got my Bachelor of Arts in Commercial and Creative photography.
“Photography to me, is not just capturing a moment in time but capturing what that moment made me feel and sharing the beauty of it. When someone tells me that my photo made them dream or made them feel like they were there, then that’s the biggest compliment.”
In December 2012, after a lot of struggle and not being able to find a stable job in Thessaloniki, due to the economic crisis etc, i had to move back to my village. This was a big turning point in my life and i decided to focus on my creative side and make the most out of this negative situation.
In August 2013, i started this blog and it was one of the best decisions i ever made. The WordPress community is amazing! ♥
I also self-published my first book in January 2014. “Visions” is a collection of 140+ nature related photos taken between 2006-2013.
You can preview and buy the print version here: http://www.blurb.com/b/5117290-visions
After spending more than a year in this forsaken little village, i decided i had to do something drastic so i can get out of there! To finance my move to Austria, my crowdfunding campaign “Art Sale for a New Life” on IndieGogo was born! It was a big challenge, required unimagined amount of work but it was an amazing experience as well.
The support and genuine interest i received was overwhelming and i’m so grateful for all the people who contributed in any way they could and made this a successful campaign by reaching 101% of the funding goal. Thank you all! ♥
“It’s a wonderful feeling knowing that my prints found a home all around the world!”
“I love landscape photography (both natural and urban landscapes). I also enjoy to do macro, action and sports, real estate, architecture photography, artistic events, creative and alternative portraits.”
“I can wake up early just to get that shot, or i can wait for hours until the light is right. So if you wanna be my friend, be prepared! It can get brutal! ;)”
- Edinburgh University PhotoSoc “Elements & Journeys” at The Mash House, Edinburgh, 29.03.2014
- FOAPTH “Annual Photography Exhibition” at Architecture showroom, AUTH, Thessaloniki, 17.05.2013
- Art Beyond Benefits Festival at Cantina Social, Psirri, Athens, 24.08.2012
- FOAPTH “Annual Photography Exhibition” at Architecture showroom, AUTH, Thessaloniki, 11.05.2012
- FOAPTH “Annual Photography Exhibition” at Nautical club of Kalamaria, Thessaloniki, 11.05.2011
- Mind Prisons at Art House, Thessaloniki, 14.01.2009
- Best of Art and Design at AAS Gallery, Thessaloniki, 11.06.2008
- Forward in Time (1st Biennale of Thessaloniki) at AAS Gallery, Thessaloniki, 15.04.2008
- Pure Art and Design at AAS Gallery, Thessaloniki, 14.06.2007
- Designing a new world at AAS Gallery, Thessaloniki, 21.06.2006