Today i celebrate 2 years from the day i left Greece and moved to Vienna! The best decision i ever made! 😁 I’m so thankful for all the amazing opportunities and lovely people who entered my life, i couldn’t have made it without you! ♥ Cheers!!!
P.s. Photography blog posts are coming up soon! Now that i’m finished with my Graphic Design studies, i got time to breathe again! 😉
Don’t forget, if you need a dose of V-Light you can always follow me on Instagram where i post snapshots of my life in Austria!
Last night was the night of the “Lichterfest”, a beautiful show with fireworks and romantic boat rides under the moonlight. Unfortunately, i came a little late to the party and didn’t have time to set up my camera, so i missed a good 5 minutes from the 15 that the fireworks lasted. I think this is probably the best shot i got from last night, the one with most colors combined at least! 😀
It was a beautiful night and for me it was also a nice way to celebrate my recent success…After going through a tough preparation and selection period, i was chosen amongst many candidates, to be granted a full year of intensive studies and practical training on Graphic Design, Multimedia and Marketing communication. 😍 A new chapter begins this September… Another dream comes true…
It all feels so unreal…I feel so blessed that i’ve been given this amazing opportunity, which i would have never gotten if i had stayed in Greece. I miss my family and my friends, on nights like yesterday even more… but this is my time… it’s time to finally find my way and create a life for me…
I have something different for you today, Beatrice from ShootingVienna has nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award. Since i’m kinda stuck in a rut with my photography, i thought this may be a good opportunity to make a post about something totally unrelated and get them engines going 🙂
The rules are simple: The nominee is requested to share 5 random facts about oneself and is supposed to nominate 15-20 other bloggers to do so as well. Or less if you can’t think of so many persons 😛
So here 5 random facts about me, i hope you enjoy them!
1) You probably already know that i’m half Austrian and half Greek. Well, my Austrian side is mostly Austrian with a taste of Hungarian and a pinch of Croatian. So yeah, i’m pretty mixed up! XD
2) Before i decided that i wanted to study photography and be a photographer, i seriously considered, a career as: a track athlete, a detective, an archeologist, an architect, a graphic designer (this might actually come true soon), a pilot, a stewardess, an aircraft mechanic, a computer technician…what else? You get the point…I envy the people who have one true passion in their lives…I never knew…Still don’t know… 😕
3) I don’t like coffee, i don’t like Nutella, i don’t like Bacon, i don’t like Angelina Jolie, i don’t like Brad Pitt and basically all the people who are considered to be the world’s most beautiful. I like natural beauty, rough features, imperfections, scars, all these movie stars and supermodels that are being adored are totally indifferent to me. Also on this topic, kinda, i’m really proud cause i never owned/wore a Converse shoe! Even when they were so much in demand and practically everyone in the world owned at least one pair…i never did! 😎 I’m such a rebel, i know…Hahaha…
4) I’m a nerd! I love gaming, computers and anything technical. They say girls aren’t good at that stuff. Think again.. I’ve been a gamer since 1988, had a PC (Amstrad CPC 464) since i was 3 years old, i was programming my own games in BASIC, well my dad is to blame for that! But for a kid that grew up in a remote village of 500 people that were living in a world at least 20 years back in time, i have to thank my dad for being so ahead of his time and introduced me to a world that the other kids in my village got to know when they were teens…and some not even then…
5) Weirdly, my vision is perfect, even though i’ve spend countless hours in front of computer screens and i say that because as a teen i was obsessed and wanted to wear glasses! I intentionally sat in a dark room and played games for hours to cause eye strain and damage my vision so i could get to wear glasses! XD It never happened! I still find glasses totally sexy on other people… but i can live without them now…
I nominate these lovely bloggers for the Creative Blogger Award:
Diogo from Life In A Photograph, my awesome pirate/photographer matey capturing gorgeous landscapes from Portugal, always wonders where the rum has gone…
Monika from You Get The Pic, fellow multicultural Canon lover, currently to be found in the dreamy Côte d’Azur
Sue from Words Visual, beautiful photo studies and inspired words
Lignum Draco from Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera, the best street and candid photography there is, you might also enjoy his vivid randomness
Please take some time to check out their blogs if you are not already familiar with them! They are all awesome people, with great photography and great attitude! If you got nominated and don’t feel like doing this, no worries but i must say, i’m really curious to read 5 random facts about you 😀
Today is not just the total solar eclipse🌑, or my 6 month anniversary of moving to Vienna 🎉 but also….***drum roll*** officially my first day here as an Austrian citizen! If that’s not a reason to celebrate, i don’t know what it! Schnitzels are on me but bring your own beer please! XD
I may have encountered various delays, terrible bureaucracy but i’m so thankful for the incredible support i received from my family and so, things are finally looking brighter! In the beginning of April, i will be moving to another apartment, still haven’t found one but staying positive it will work out! It’s not that easy to find good roommates, who don’t smoke, are not party animals and enjoy a clean house! Hopefully i can find something where i can stay for at least a year so i can have my peace of mind that i won’t need to move again so soon.
How has the eclipse treated you? Supposedly it will bring a lot of changes…hopefully all good! Take care and lot’s of virtual hugs from me 🐻
Last week was my birthday, on the 20th of January i turned 30! 🎉 Yeah i know, it’s crazy, i feel like 20 still… I have no idea how a whole decade went by so fast. My best friend from Greece came for a visit, so my birthday was a week-long fest, including endless walks all around Vienna, lots of beer, Schnapps, a Sacher-Torte from my lovely roommates and no time to update this blog! 😇
I know that since my move to Vienna i haven’t been posting a lot… I have been shooting a lot but i’m going through a weird period of not liking my work and feeling the need to re-evaluate many things. A change of scenery comes with many changes that i had not anticipated…
I wanted to say that i’m sorry for not being online a lot, it’s not only my blog that i have neglected but all other social media as well. I will try my best to re-focus and organize my time so i can start posting on a more regular basis and of course not miss your posts. I’ll slap myself in the face if i have to but i’ll make this work! 😛
Sending you my best wishes from a cold and awaiting snowfall Vienna,